Hamlet’s (Gigi Watson) story begins when she meets her father’s ghost, revealing that her uncle, Claudius, has murdered him and taken Hamlet’s mother, Gertrude, for his queen. Hamlet then begins her journey of revenge while struggling with self-doubt and facing challenges from all sides. Artistic Director of Actors’ Shakespeare Project Christopher V. Edwards makes his GSC directing debut with William Shakespeare’s Hamlet running October 25 through November 17 at Gloucester Stage. Public performances are limited to weekends with student matinees weekdays.
Shakespeare’s classic tale of revenge comes to Gloucester Stage after two successful seasons of full-house student matinees. Responding to a need from Boston area schools to immerse students in classic literature, this performance has an adjusted schedule to impact over 2,000 middle and high school students. Specifically targeted for grades 8 through 12, this production has a young talented, and diverse cast.
Preview Performances are Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, Oct. 26 and Sunday, Oct. 27 at 2:00 p.m. Additional public performances are the remaining Saturdays at 7:30 p.m. and Sundays at 2:00 p.m. at Gloucester Stage Company.
- Starting Friday, November 1st, 2019, repeats every week on Sunday until Sunday, November 17, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Starting Friday, November 1st, 2019, repeats every week on Saturday until Sunday, November 17, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Occurred Sunday, October 27th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Occurred Saturday, October 26th, 2019 @ 7:30 pm
- Occurred Saturday, October 26th, 2019 @ 2:00 pm
- Occurred Friday, October 25th, 2019 @ 7:30 pm